We are hiring!
A summer student to be our Arts Coordinator
View Full Ad PDF
You will report to and work alongside the Artistic & Administrative Director of Musique Royale. Your major task is assisting them with the Summer Festival. You will be involved in organizing the twenty-seven concerts part of our Summer Festival activity in July and August implemented through five concert tours. This includes:
- Liaising between artists and venues to ensure any tour specific needs are organized
- Making artist touring itineraries for each group
- Organizing accommodations (working with venue chairs to organize billeting and/or booking accommodation)
- Preparing concert programs for tours
You will be a youth ambassador in the community, developing relationships with stakeholders and venues (this year, we are active in 40 venues). You will help with building a province-wide marketing plan with the Artistic & Administrative Director that comprises marketing and communication activities of the organization through our 37th Summer Festival, this includes:
- Training in design tools (Canva) to build print and online ads
- Coordinating with touring groups to collect marketing materials (bios, information on music, photos etc)
- Work with our web designer to update our concert and organization information online
- Working with festival venues to establish best channels for concert publicity
- Booking advertisements with relevant distributors
- Design of advertisements (print, online, radio etc) and press releases distributed to relevant parties
- Distribution of materials (posters, rack cards, programs etc)
- Design content (eg publicity releases, photos/videos on tour) for our social media platforms (Facebook and IG)
You will assist at some festival concerts as part of the team, collecting publicity and archival footage at events and/or selling tickets and merchandise. You will work well with rest of team, including volunteers, staff, venue chairs and board, to ensure smooth ongoing operations.
You may spend time researching venues, history of the province, connecting with the community and finding creative ways to integrate your research into our 37th Summer Festival.
- Being a self starter and having strong communication skills as a representative of our organization are assets.
- You will be expected to understand basic computer skills and will help the organization connect with its audience through social networking tools.
- Our Musique Royale team is small, but you will also be dealing with a wide variety of personalities and stakeholders to get work accomplished. You should be detailed, organized and enjoy being a multi-tasker.
- Individuals who are involved in music, arts administration or general creative arts in some capacity are encouraged to apply, but at the same time, this is not a mandatory requirement for the position.
- Your work can be done remotely, with some work onsite at our historic venues.
To apply: send your resume to email@example.com
Lunenburg County / South Shore
$14.00 hourly, 30 hours per week, 9 weeks
High School or University Student between 15-30 years
Start Date: July 1
English / French
The Government of Canada funded this job through the Canada Summer Jobs program.