St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church
St. Patrick’s Museum was originally built as a Roman Catholic Church in 1828. The church stands on the former site of a wooden edifice built for the pioneers in 1805. The congregation came from North Sydney, Sydney Mines, Bras d’Or, Low Point and Louisbourg. In 1850 a balcony was added to accommodate the burgeoning population of the area. Due to the increasing size of the congregation, a new church, Sacred Heart, was later built on George Street.
Our Venue Chair is Jim McNeil and the Old Sydney Society